Monday 10 June 2013

Simplify your Life


For most of my life, I have done what I thought I needed to do.  My actions, my thoughts and my feelings were all a direct result of other people in my life.  I have started to change my views on life, become honest about my interests and focus on a life that makes me happy.  This process has been lengthy, and not an easy one!

It has taken me many years but I have finally learned to say the word NO.  I have learned that it is ok to not be involved in activities that don't truly make you happy, that don't align with plans you have for yourself.  It is better to be true to yourself and unique!

I have also spent most of my life accumulating stuff I don't need.  Earlier this year when the basement flooded it also gave me a chance to simplify my life in a physical aspect.  I eliminated a lot of  'stuff' from my life and noticed a lighter feeling after it was removed from my home.  I don't feel the need to have what everyone else has any more, to do what everyone else is doing, or to value what others value.

I am my own person...I'm going to celebrate being me...as strange and weird as that may be!




No comments:

Post a Comment