Tuesday 4 June 2013

Define your Dreams

Everyone has dreams, things they wish they could do and places they want to visit.  Dreams can be anything, simple to achieve, possible to happen with effort, or completely unrealistic.  The difference between who carries these dreams throughout their life and those who actually see their dreams come true is simply taking those dreams and putting them into motion.

A couple years ago I started to assemble my Vision Board.  A picture display of the things I wanted out of life.  I decided to focus on 5 areas of my life that were most important to me at that time.  I chose to focus on Family, Health, Financial, Travel and Career.  I began collecting pictures and statements that meant things to me in each area. I then arranged the pictures in a 11 x 14 frame.  I grouped my most important goal of Family in the middle, and circled the other 4 important areas around the outside.  Once I had all of my pictures on, and all the space filled and the paper framed I hung it beside my bed where I look at it multiple times a day.

Some of the dreams I have on my Vision Board were simple, like drinking water, continuing boot camp and focusing on my family.  Others are dreams I hope to see in the near future, like a nicer body, more career opportunities and improved health.  I also included goals and dreams I have for 20 years down the road, like places to travel, a mortgage free life.   Staring at this board everyday reminds me of what is important, it keeps me motivated and every time I accomplish one of the dreams/goals on my vision board I am reaffirmed that the focus is working.

Although I don't see the  need to re create my board in the immediate future, I do re evaluate my goals at least every 6 months.  For those dreams I have realized I check them off and fill them in with something new.   For the goals that haven't been achieved, I alter them and make suggestions that put myself on track to completion.  Ever since I have hung my board beside my bed I feel a little bit more on track, a little more organized and like I may actually have control over my life!

If you are interested in putting a focus into your life, to examine what is important to you and to set your future in motion according to your desires, then take some time to check out one or two of the  Vision Board articles on the Internet. The idea is quite simple and you will be amazed how quickly you will see your dreams come true.

Start today.  What defines you?  What do you want to accomplish?  What would you do with your life if the sky was the limit?



No comments:

Post a Comment