Monday 17 June 2013

Listen to the Message

Lately I have worked hard to keep busy.  Being active on a daily basis.  I look forward to all of the activities I participate in and feel guilty if I don't do at least two things everyday.  I justify my crazy behaviour by the fact that I love to do many different things and I never stress my body by doing the same thing multiple days in a row.

As scheduled and planned as I like my life to be, sometimes fitting everything in is very difficult.  I love when life happens for me and makes my decisions much easier.  Yesterday I felt guilty for not doing anything active all day, I enjoyed time with family and a little bit of relaxation.  I was just about to head to bed, disappointed in my lack of motivation to go out and run, when I got a text asking me to go for a walk.  Not only did I get an hour of exercise in after all, I had a wonderful chat with a great friend.

Today was the opposite.  I had a wonderful, active start to the morning and had plans to finish the night with either a game of golf, a yoga class or a run.  An impromptu 15 minute nap robbed me of the chance to make the yoga class, and a beautiful storm rolled in wrecking my backup golf plan!  Just when I thought things were good, and a run was a good idea before bed, another storm rolled in.

I think maybe that was natures way of telling me to take it easy!  Sometimes there is nothing better than when  decisions are made for you...looks like I may make my early bedtime after all!!  Bonus, aside from a healthy active lifestyle, a good night sleep may just help improve my mood!

I'm a strong believer that things happen for a reason...big or small...insignificant or important...life happens, listen to the messages sent your way.




No comments:

Post a Comment