Thursday 20 June 2013

Achieving a Goal

No matter what kind of goal I set for myself, I'm never truly happy when I achieve it.  I seem to live my life always wanting more!

When I started running I wanted to be able to run 5k straight, the day I finally did it I complained about how long it took.  I set my next goal within five minutes of celebrating my accomplishment and the joy of my success was quickly replaced by my new desire to improve my time.  Since then I've changed my goals and adjusted my times more than half a dozen times.

Last year I decided I needed to shave 10 shots off my average in golf by the end of the season, I managed to do that on a consistent basis and ended the season proud of my accomplishments, but wanting more.  This year I've improved even more and have become more consistent.  My goal for this year was to break 45 on 9 holes.  I've been close a few times but my nerves gave kicked in and my mental game has been affected.  Today, heading into the last par 3 I was sitting at 38...the pressure was huge, and I struggled a bit but I walked away with a 43...best game of my life!  Crazy me...all I could think about were the 5 obvious bad hits and missed putts...I could have shot under 40!

My new goal...to be happy and celebrate when I actually hit my targets and achieve my goals.   Little things in life are worth celebrating...there is always tomorrow to set in place a new plan of attack!  So for now, I'm going to bed with a smile on my face and a pat on my back for all the awesome things I've accomplished this year already :)

What have you done lately that should make you proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment