Friday 31 May 2013

21 Days to Change a Habit

Nothing in life comes easy.  It takes time and energy to make actions a habit, even good ones.  Bad habits are simply choices we make every day, choices that usually make life easier or simply because they are more convenient.  The best thing is the fact that habits can  be changed!

A few months into my journey it was obvious that my body needed to be treated better than I have been for the past 20 years.  I know that diets are not for me, when I found a challenge posted on Pinterest I thought I could adapt it and make it work.



They say that it only takes 21 days to change a habit, so for 21 days  I made a choice to follow this challenge and to see how it went.  There is no denying it, it was very hard.  The willpower it took to not give in was insane, without the support of my coworkers and family I don't think I would have made it.  I made sure I shared my challenge, invited others to join me and encouraged a network of people who would help me stay on task.

21 days went by, my body felt better than ever, my confidence was soaring, my willpower was stronger then ever!  21 days, only 3 weeks, less then 1 month and  under 1/12 of a year.  One big change, one small amount of time...what habit would you tackle?






No comments:

Post a Comment