Wednesday 29 May 2013

Addiction

Addiction, a noun, the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing or activity.

I have always attributed the word "addiction" to a negative occurrence.  Something that restricts, a disease or an undesirable behaviour.  After 6 short weeks of experiencing the highs and lows of intense physical activity I quickly came to realize that my Bootcamp habit was also an addiction, and although annoying to others, this was not a cause for concern.  

Although I wasn't all that keen about the fear and anxiety I experienced every time I drove up to the building, I couldn't match the high I felt on the drive home when I realized I had once again pushed past my perceived limitations and accomplished another physical feat.  Who would have guessed that this simple activity would actually get me out of bed in the morning.  I learned to like waking up for a 6 am butt kicking!  

My life, although not perfect, is much better thanks to my Addiction.  This is one habit I can't see myself kicking anytime soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment