Thursday 30 May 2013

The Biggest Loser

There is nothing more supportive than a group of people who share similar interests and goals.  Not long after I started my transformation, at the beginning of my addiction, I joined the Biggest Loser challenge at work.  A group of teachers who decided to attempt to get a little healthier.

Although our goals were small having a group of people who attempted to eat healthy without judgement and who compared completed exercise was encouraging.  All too often, attempts to get healthier results in comments not meant to be rude and disheartening but they feel that way.  Comments about diets and weight are sensitive issues for most people.  

It is crazy to realize that eating healthier and working out are not just acceptable ways to live to the average person.  To a person not on the path to becoming heathier, changing your diet means you must be on a radical diet that won't work.  Working out is usually viewed as a short term activity that won't last past the desired time of weight loss.  It is because of these preconceived attitudes and comments that most changes don't last.

I never thought I would be as happy as I was when I was titled the "JMSS Biggest Loser"...the prize pot was worth it too!

If you are serious about making changes to improve your health, start off by surrounding yourself with positive, like-minded people.  Your attitudes, behaviours and success will improve at a much faster pace!  


No comments:

Post a Comment