Wednesday 27 November 2013

Step 4: Surround yourself with Inspirational People

There is no better feeling in the world than being surrounded by people who make you feel good.  Kind words, smiling faces and emotional support can do wonders for a bad mood, a crappy attitude or a stressful situation.  What is even more amazing is that these inspirational people can be found right beside you or even online.

I've learned to surround myself with people I admire, who I respect and who I can learn a lot from. On top of my personal and professional relationships I've worked hard to expand my social circle.  My lifestyle change has not only given me a healthier body and mind, I've found a group of like minded people who push me and support me all day long, seven days a week.  Between time spent at Bootcamp and friendships via social media, I know a mood changer or inspiration is a smile or post away.  I've also developed a wonderful group of professional supports via social media as well.  I look forward to the things I learn, the interactions I have and the new friends I have made over the past few years.  

One of the best pieces of advice I can give anyone is simply to surround yourself with people who make you feel good and inspire you to be a better person.  Give back by spending time encouraging and appreciating those around you too, pay attention to how it makes you feel...I bet you will be amazed by how such a small thing can change your world for the better. 

What can you do to become that person who inspires someone else?




No comments:

Post a Comment