Monday 4 November 2013

Step 1: Keep a Journal


It is Day 1 of my "Putting it All Together" challenge.  I've pre planned my day.  I know who has to be where, when they need to be there, I know what I'm cooking for dinner and I've included time for family fitness and fun.  Overall, despite being sore from my 18km run/walk I attempted yesterday, my day has been a success.  I do however owe a lot of my organization and success to technology.  My life is embedded with technology.  My phone and iPad are never far from reach and I have to give credit to these devices for the majority of positive changes in my life in the past few years. One of the most important things I've done with my technology is to change my habits and improve my life.  The best way I've gone about all the changes is simply to write things down.  I track my to do list, my moods, my goals, my finances and my fitness and my food intake.

Today I want to promote the act of keeping a  food journal.  Without my journal, I consume many unnecessary calories, especially when stressed, emotional or just plain bored.  There are lots of great applications on the market, however, pen and paper are good options too!   No matter what your method is, I guarantee that simply writing down everything you put in your mouth with make you second guess that 4th mini chocolate bar you slip in your mouth!  Try it even for a couple days, write down everything you eat, and if possible, make a note about how you felt during the day so later you can recognize patterns in your eating habits.

Aside from the food, and moods, is there any other important notes you should make in your journal?

Your Body Keeps An Accurate Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment