Wednesday 29 October 2014

Finding Balance

Well I'm here...two months into my new position and I'm still moving forward.  There have been many days where I feel like I'm moving on the back of a turtle but I haven't yet felt like the train is in reverse!

I love to be organized, prompt and was always proud of my good memory.  I'm realizing in my new position that these traits can easily slip away.  Distractions occur, meetings run late, and comments made in passing can easily be forgotten when the next distraction comes along.    All that being said, I'm loving my new job, challenges and all.

Two months in and I've developed many new friendships, a professional network around the province, and pride in my ability to accomplish new tasks. I've also learned the power of stress on my body, mind and family.

Now that I have a wee bit of experience under my belt, it's time I start exploring the balance to bring it all together.  Time to unwind, to enjoy the moment and to let go the things I cannot change.  It's back to exercise, healthy eating and meditation.  The plan of attack; scheduled exercise, bagged lunches, a meditation challenge and a housekeeper!  The thoughts of it are making me relaxed already!

No comments:

Post a Comment